A micro-course is standalone half-day training course, usually assembled from 1 or 2 tweaked versions of the ¼-day modules found in our ‘off the shelf’ courses, e.g.
- Two ¼-day modules stitched together
- One ¼-day module with an extra ¼-day of practical work
Micro-courses are designed by and for clients, who need:
- Only one or two bits from our courses
- To combine a couple of small bits from different courses
- To digest and practice one bit before taking on the next
Unlike most training organisations we can sell you just the bits you need because:
- Our existing courses are modular
- We don't need to fill training rooms to cover our overheads
- So we don't need everyone to take the same bit at the same time
Build Your Own Micro-course
We encourage clients — public or private — to create their own bespoke micro-courses from the hundreds of course modules shown on this site.
Sections in our course contents listings are typically ¼-day modules. So, generally speaking, all you need to do is:
- Select the 1 or 2 sections you want to build your ½-day around
- Contact us to discuss the practicality of putting the bits together
The first questions to answer about your proposed micro-course design are likely to be:
- Does the chosen content fit together naturally?
- Have you left enough time for practical work?
- Is extra new content needed — to make joins or add exercises?
- Where and when do you want to take the course?
- Can we deliver at a price you are comfortable with?
A tiny proportion of our pre-prepared course modules are designed for delivery in ½-days or ⅛-days.
Most ½-day modules can easily be turned into a micro-course — with small tweaks to make them ‘stand alone’.
On the other hand, ⅛-day modules may require more substantial alteration to stand alone — since they are typically designed to follow or precede particular modules. This does not prevent them being used in micro-courses, it only means that more consideration needs to be given to the questions of whether:
- They ‘naturally’ fit the other modules
- The extra tweaking is going to be cost-effective.
In outline, the formula for calculating mini-course prices is quite simple — unless substantial new material is required, we’ll charge you exactly the same as we would for standard ½-day courses, i.e.
- £750 per group, per day — for up to 8 delegates